Teaching & Research Interest
European Literary Modernism
American Literary Modernism
British Short Fiction Theory
American Short Fiction Theory
Biblical Reflections in American Literature
American Diasporic Literature
Modern Indian Writing in English
A Journey Eternal: Poems and Plays, Salesian College Publications, Siliguri, 2013, ISBN 978-93-82216-05-06.
Edited The Rite Of Wrongs: Human Rights in India, Avenel Press, Kolkata, 2013, ISBN 978-93-80761-33-6.
Edited and introduced the Philip Weller Macbeth published by Orient BlackSwan, Hyderabad, India, 2014, ISBN 978 81 250 04493 2.
Revised and annotated Vrinda Nabar edited Paradise Lost (Books I & II) by John Milton published by Orient BlackSwan, Hyderabad, India. ISBN 978 81 250 4032 3, 2011.
Revised and annotated C.T. Thomas edited Lycidas by John Milton published by Orient BlackSwan , Hyderabad, India.ISBN 078 81 250 4027 9, 2010.
Modern British Short Fiction: Critical Interpretations, Presto Publishers, Kolkata, India. July 2008.
Publications (Selected Papers & Articles)
Society and the Gothic American Short Story in Jusas Online, November, 2014.
“A Kaleidoscope at my eye…” – Indian Society and Culture in Mark Twain’s Following the Equator. Published in the Pradip Basu edited Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences of Scottish Church College, 2010, Number 7, Kolkata. ISBN 0973 – 8738
W.E.B Du Bois- “The contradiction of double aims” – the Janus Syndrome in Pradip Basu edited the Avenel Companion to Modern Social Theorists, Avenel Press, Kolkata, 2011, ISBN 978 93 80761 14 5
The Many Worlds of Katherine Mansfield :The Poetics of Proximity and Polarity in ‘Prelude’ and ‘At the Bay’ in Sobha Chattopadhyaya edited The Many Worlds of Twentieth Century Literature published by The Department of English, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2008 ISBN 81 7175 x 107
Biblical Resonances in Hemingway’s Short Fiction: Moving Testaments to his Art.
Published in The Ernest Hemingway Companion ed. S. Mandal, Sarat Book Distributors, Kolkata, 2002, ISBN 81 87169 17 6
The Problematics of Peregrination in Hemingway’s Short Fiction, Published in Hemingway Centennial Tribute by the Departmental of English of Rabindra Bharati University, Vol. v, 1998-99.
March 2017: The Modern British Short Story: A Brief History and Characteristics, Special Lecture of the English Department of Sri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata
February 2017: The Shifting Other: Re-thinking Categories in American Fiction in the 20th Anniversary Seminar of Jadavpur University Society for American Studies (JUSAS).
2016: Eden and the Promised Land Myth in American Fiction in Annual Seminar of JUSAS.
HONORARY CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- Vice-President of the Managing Committee of St. Mary’s Cathedral Mission School, Kolkata.
- Managing Committee member of St. John’s Diocesan School. Kolkata.
- Member of Managing Committee of Union Chapel School, Kolkata.
- Member of Managing Committee of United Missionary Girls’ Higher Secondary School, Kolkata.
- Member of Governing Body of Diocesan Schools (Diocese of Calcutta, Church of North India).
- Member of Governing Body of St. Paul’s Cathedral Mission College, Kolkata.
- Member of Senatus, Scottish Church College, Kolkata.
- Member of Governing Body of Union Christian Teachers’ Training College, Berhampore, W. Bengal.
- Member, Board of Acting Governors, La Martiniere Schools, Kolkata.