M.A., Ph.D. awarded by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, in 2007.
Topic: Role of ASEAN in Conflict Management: Achievements and Limitations
Teaching & Research Interest
• International Relations
• Political Theory and Thought
• Public Administration
• Indian Politics
• South Asian Politics
• Politics in South East Asia
• Foreign Policy
Papers presented in International Conferences/seminars in India and Abroad
1. Participated and presented paper at the World Congress of Political Science 2018 organized by IPSA (International Political Science Association) held at Brisbane , Australia between 21-25 July 2018 and the title of the paper was ‘India’s bid for better Engagement with Pacific Island Nations: An attempt to counter China’s Growing Hegemony in the Indo-Pacific’.
2. Presented a paper on ‘Examining the Viability of BIMSTEC in Promoting Indo-Bangladesh Cooperation: A Promising Venture’, in an International Conference on Indo-Bangladesh Relations in the 21st Century, organized by Department of Political Science, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India, in collaboration with ICWA, ICSSR and MAKAIAS during 8-10th November 2017.
3. Participated and presented paper at the World Congress of Political Science 2016 organized by IPSA (International Political Science Association) held at Poznan, Poland between 23-28 July, 2016, and the title of the paper was Maoist Insurgency in India: An Offshoot of Skewed Development Process.
4. Presented paper on ‘Violent Rhetoric and Indian Political Parties in 21st Century: An Anathema for Democracy’ in the International Conference on ‘Elections and political Parties in South Asia : A 21st Century Perspective’, organized jointly by Department of Political Science, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India and Research Committee 23, International Political Science Association during 7-9 December, 2015, at University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
5. Presented paper on ‘Indonesia’s Involvement in ASEAN’s Conflict Management Procedure: An Unwavering Commitment’ in International Seminar on Southeast Asia in the Emerging Global Order: challenges and Opportunities organized by Department of international relations, Jadavpur University, Kolkata under UGC-CAS-I Programme between 16-18 February, 2013.
6. Presented paper on ‘Politicking over water tax in West Bengal: Bane for Water Conservation’ at an International Conference on Dimensions of Development and Resource Conservation, organized by the Department of Geography, University of Calcutta under the UGC-DRS programme on 12 March, 2012.
Papers/ Invited lectures in National/State/Local Level Seminar:
1. Presented an invited lecture on ‘Contemporary Status of Indian Women: Some Reflections’ in APC College, New Barrackpore, on 6th March, 2019.
2. Acted as a resource person and judged students’ presentations in UGC-CPE
sponsored National Conference on ‘Secularism-Current Trends’, organized by Bijoy
Krishna Girls College, Howrah, on 16th -17th March, 2018,
3. Presented a paper on ‘ Dr.B. R. Ambedkar’s Propagation of the Concept of
Fraternity: An Antidote to Divisiveness’ in the 57th All India Political Science Conference on Emerging India during 15-17th December, 2017 organized at Anna Centre for Public Affairs, University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in collaboration with Indian Political Science Association.
4. Presented an Invited lecture on ‘Early Nationalist Phase of M.N. Roy: Birth of a Maverick’ in a UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on M.N. Roy: Ideas, Practices and Possibilities organized by Vidyanagar College, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal on 24th and 25th September, 2016.
5. Presented paper on ‘Women vis-à-vis Maoist Insurgency: A Complex Narrative’ in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Women Empowerment: A Third World Perspective organized by Department of Geography, SivnathSastri College, Kolkata in collaboration with Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata,
6. Presented an Invited Lecture on ‘Seminal Contribution of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in our Nationalist Discourse’ in the National Seminar on Political Thinking in Indian Literature, organized jointly by Department of Political science, CCS University, Meerut, Indian Political Science Association and BharatiyaVidyaBhavan, on 13-14th February, 2016 at CCS University, Meerut.
7. Presented paper on ‘Hate Speech and Denigration of Political Culture: A nemesis for Indian Democracy’ in the National Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Indian Politics’ organized by Department of Political Science, University of Gaur Banga at Malda, West Bengal on 22nd January, 2016.
8. Presented paper on ‘Water Scarcity, Political Belligerence and Resultant Instability in South Asia’ at UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on ‘Water: A Threatened Social Resource of the Century’ organized by Department of Geography, Women’s Christian College, Kolkata, In Collaboration with Institute of Environmental Studies and Wetland Management, Department of Environment, Government of West Bengal, on 9th October, 2015, held at the premises of Women’s Christian College.
9. Presented paper on ‘India’s Water Sharing Disputes with her South Asian Neighbours: A Challenge to Regional Peace and Development’ at 56th All India Political Science Conference of the Indian Political Science Association organized by the Department of Political Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi on 25-28th October, 2015.
10. Presented paper on ‘Water Tax in West Bengal: Its Impact on Water Conservation’ at a national seminar organized by Department of Geography, VisvaBharati, West Bengal, from 1 March to 2 March, 2014.
11. Presented paper on ‘A Message of Peace On 9/11’ in a UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Teachings and Ideas of Swami Vivekananda organized by Vivekananda College for Women, Barisha, Kolkata-700080 and Vivekanana College, Thakurpukur on 11 th and 12 th April 2012.
12. Presented paper on ‘China – ASEAN Relations: A journey from Animosity to Amity’ in the National Seminar on China and the Contemporary World organized by the Centre of Advanced Studies, Dept. of International Relations, Jadavpur University, on 5th March, 2010 in the Seminar Hall, Dept. of IR, Ground Floor, P.G. Arts Building
Papers presented in State Level Seminars/ conferences:
1. Presented a paper on ‘Interrogating growing disregard for Vital Institutions in India: A Threat to Democracy’, in the 18th Annual Conference of West Bengal Political Science Association, held at RabindraBharati University, Kolkata, on 4th-5th March, 2017.
2. Presented paper in 17th Annual Conference of West Bengal Political Science Association held at Ananda Chandra College, Jalpaiguri, on 5th-6th March, 2016, and the title of the paper was, ‘Exploring the Ramifications of the Ideal of Fraternity in the Indian Context’.
3. Presented paper on ‘Social Media as a mobilizing tool in Indian Politics’ at the Annual Conference of West Bengal Political Science Association held between 29-30 March, 2014 at Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata.
4. Presented paper on ‘Indian Diaspora in Southeast Asia: Predicaments and Prospects’ in the 12th Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting of the West Bengal Political Science Association held on 13 June 2010 at Surendranath College, Sealdah, Kolkata
Book as sole author:
ASEAN’s Role in Conflict Management: Potentialities and Pitfalls, Kolkata: Levant Books, 2010. Distributed by Sarat Book Distributors, Kolkata.ISBN 978-93-80663-05-0.
Book as Co-Editor:
‘Ambedkar’s Idea of Social Justice and Indian Polity’, Edited by NibeditaRaha, PriyadarshiniSircar, JayitaMukhopadhyay and PiyaliBasu, Kolkata: Levant Books, 2018. Pp. 29-40.ISBN 978-93-84106-98-0.
Climate Change in South Asia: Unravelling the Conundrum, Edited by Dr. MousumiKar, DrJayitaMukhopadhyay and DrManishaDevSarkar, accepted by Routledge.
• Referred journals
1. ‘India’s Growing Engagement with Pacific Island Nations: A Venture towards Peace, Prosperity and Regional Stability’, In RabindraBharati Journal of Political Science, Volume XII, 2019, ISSN 2393-8218, pp 126-144.
2. ‘India’s Water Sharing Disputes with her South Asian Neighbours: A Challenge to Regional Peace and Development’ in The Indian Journal of Political Science, Volume LXXVI, No. 3, July- September, 2015, pp 661-664. ISSN 0019-5510.
3. ‘‘Indian Diaspora in Southeast Asia: Predicaments and Prospects’, article in The Indian Journal of Political Science, pp 995-1002, Vol LXII, No. 3, July-September 2010, ISSN 0019-5510
4. ‘Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s Espousal of the Concept of Fraternity : A Socio-Political Imperative in Contemporary India’ in Inquest, Volume 4, December 2017, pp. 33-48. ISSN 2349-5472
5. ‘India’s Bid for Growing Presence in the Asia Pacific Region: Exploring the Underlining Narrative of Geo-Strategic Interests’, in RabindrabharatiPatrika, Volume 19, Book Fair Number, 25th January 2017,pp 63-71, ISSN 0975-0037.
6. ‘Identity of Single Woman in India: A Narrative of Exclusion and Striving for Empowerment’, in International Research Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5(10), 1-5, October (2016), E-ISSN 2319–3565.
7. Terrorism, State Response and the Human Security Conundrum in India’, in Socialist Perspective, vol 42, No 3-4, December 2014-March 2015, pp 125- 133, ISSN 0970-8863.
• Non-refereed, reputed journals with ISSN
1. ‘Mahatma Gandhi’s Contribution to Women’s Empowerment in India’, in Lokayata, Journal of Positive Philosophy, Vol X, No. 2, September 2019, Special Issue on the Philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi, ISSN 2249-8389, pp.48-53.
2. ‘ ContextualisingBankim Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Nationalist Discourse in Contemporary India’, in The West Bengal Political Science Review’, Vol XX, No. 1, 2018, pp 063-082. ISSN 2230-8296.
3. Violent Rhetoric Purveyed by Indian Political Parties: An Anathema for Democracy’ in peer reviewed journal, Inquest: A Journal of Social Science and Humanities, vol 1, Issue 2, December 2015, pp 210-222. ISSN 2349-5472.
4. Interrogating the Free Speech Debate in India’, Mulyayan, Bilingual journal, Vol 4, Issue 3, 15 May, 2016, ISSN 2347-6168
5. India’s Water Sharing Disputes with her South Asian Neighbours: A Challenge to Regional Peace and Development’ in The Indian Journal of Political Science, Volume LXXVI, No. 3, July- September, 2015, pp 661-664. ISSN 0019-5510.
• Chapters in knowledge based volumes by national level publishers with ISBN:
1. Chapter in Cooperation and Conflict in Contemporary Southeast Asia: Global Powers, ASEAN and India, edited by Prof. TridibChakraborti and Prof ShibashisChatterjee, , Bharti Publications, New Delhi, 2019
2. Chapter ‘Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Pioneering Contribution in our Nationalist Discourse’, in ‘Political Thinking in Indian Literature’, Edited by Sanjeev Kumar Sharma, Ahmedabad: BharatiyaVidyaBhavan, 2017, ISBN : 978-81-7276-456-2. Pp. 109-113.
3. Chapter ‘Unnayan, Adhunikikaran, o Ganatantrikaran’ in text book on CBCS syllabus, ‘TulanamulakRajnitiParichay’, Edited by Amitava Roy, Kolkata: West Bengal Government Book Board, 2019, pp 66-82. ISBN 978-81-247-0779-1
4. Chapter ‘Dr.B. R. Ambedkar’s Pursuit of Fraternity: An Unfulfilled Mission’, in Ambedkar’s Idea of Social Justice and Indian Polity’ Edited by NibeditaRaha, PriyadarshiniSircar, JayitaMukhopadhyay and PiyaliBasu, Kolkata: Levant Books, 2018. ISBN 978-93-84106-98-0, pp. 29-40.
5. Chapter ‘Early Nationalist Phase of MN Roy: An Enquiry into the birth of a Maverick’, in ‘M.N. Roy- Ideas, Practices and Possibilities in Indian Politics’, Edited by ParthapratimSen and Arunima Ray( Chowdhury), Kolkata: RohiniNandan, 2017. ISBN 978-81-933615-3-5, pp 36-43.
6. Chapter ‘India’s Water Sharing Disputes with its Neighbours: A Challenge to its Regional Ascendency’, in the book ‘India Becoming a Global Power in the Twenty-first Century’, Edited by Rajkumar Kothari and Eyasin Khan, New Delhi: Atlantic, 2016, pp 192-202. ISBN 978-81-269-2190.
7. .Chapter ‘BidesnitiSamparkitaKaektiDharana’ in the book ‘AntarjatikSamparka: Tatwa O Bishay’, Edited by ParthapratimSen and ArunimaRay(Chowdhury). Kolkata: Levant Books, 2015, pp.56-66. ISBN 978-93-84106-35-5.
8. Chapter ‘South East Asia as the Second Front of Terrorism : Predicaments and Prospects’ in the book ‘The Terrorists’ World: Ideas and Interpretations’ Edited by ParthapratimSen and Arunima Ray(Chowdhury). Kolkata: Levant Books, 2014. PP 82-99. ISBN 978-93-80663-92-0.
9. Chapter ‘China-ASEAN Relations: A Journey From Animosity to Amity in the book ‘China and the Contemporary World’ edited by TridibChakrabarty, SumitaSen, HerkanNeadanToppo and Bijay Kumar Das, Kolkata: Readers Service, 2014. PP.211-224. ISBN 978-93-82623-13-7.
Articles/ OP-Ed in The Statesman, Kolkata and Delhi
1. Lacklustre Performance by Election Commission, May 13, 2021
2. Environmental Issues, February 21, 2021
3. A Chance for India, November 11, 2020
4. Life After Corona, October 6, 2020
5. Towards a New World, August 10, 2020
6. Time to Press the Button, March 4, 2019
7. A Barbaric Election, June 2, 2018.
8. Ambedkar’s vision of a secular Constitution, April 6, 2018.
9. A vote for MrModi, March 23, 2017.
10. Health of the Republic. February 18, 2017
11. Brutality and Dreams, June 3, 2017.
12. The Greatest Challenge, Climate Change, September 10, 2017.
13. Oceanic Semantics, November 23, 2017.
14. The Man and His Mission: Dr BR Ambedkar, April 14, 2017.
15. Crisis of fraternity, January 16, 2016.
16. Death of a dream, July 17, 2016.
17. Listen to India’ Daughter, 22 March, 2015.
18. Relevance of Gandhi, 27 March, 2014.
19. Nor Any Drop to Drink, April 25, 2012.
20. Humanitarian Intervention, August 18, 2011.
21. Goddess of Politics. 16 August 2010.
22. Nuclear Cooperation, August 25, 2010.
23. Democracy in Myanmar, June 24, 2010.
24. Power of the finger, 2nd June 2009.
• Membership of Editorial Boards of Journals/Professional Bodies
1. Editorial Board Member, Sophos WCC Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies.
2. Zonal Secretary, Eastern Region, Indian Political Science Association (Also Life member).
3. Executive Committee Member, West Bengal Political Science Association (Also Life member).
4. Executive Member, Bengal Institute of Political Studies.
5. Life Member, Council for Political Studies