Teaching & Research Interest
• Comparative Politics and Government
• Indian Government and Politics
• International Relations
• Indian Political Thought and Movement
• State, Society and Politics
• Politics in West Bengal
Papers presented in Seminars/Conferences with details of name, place, date, venue, topic.
1. UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on Water: A Threatened Social Resource of the Century, organized by the Department of Geography, Women’s Christian College, Kolkata in collaboration with Institute of Environmental Studies and Wetland Management, Department of Environment, Govt. Of West Bengal, on 9th October, 2015. Presented a paper on “Displacement and Rehabilitation: People’s Struggle in the Narmada Basin”.
2. International Conference on “Elections and Political Parties in South Asia: A 21st Century Perspective,” organized jointly by Department of Political Science, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India& Research Committee 23, International Political Science Association(IPSA RC-23) during 7th-9th December, 2015. Presented a paper entitled, “Transformation of Opposition Electoral Politics in West Bengal in 21st Century”.
3. National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Indian Politics”, organized by the Department of Political Science, GourBanga University, on 22nd January, 2016. Presented a paper entitled, “Ecological Movements and Alternative Politics in India: A Case study of the Narmada BachaoAndolan (NBA)
4. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “ Caste Politics in India”, organized by the Department of Political Science, Chapra Bangaljhi Mahavidyalaya, Nadia on 1st and 2nd December, 2016. Presented a paper on “The Caste System and its Impact on India Today: Some Explorations and Conjectures”.
5. One-Day State Level Research Scholar’s and Student’s Seminar on “ Major Challenges of the Indian Democracy”, organised by the Department of Political Science, Rabindra Bharati University on 28th February, 2017. Presented a paper entitled, “Challenges to Indian Democracy: A Case Study of Opposition Politics in West Bengal”.
6. Three-day National Workshop cum Orientation Programme titled, “Rethinking Marginality: Conjunctions and Contradictions”, organized by Women’s Studies Centre, Department of Human Rights and Human Development and Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Studies Centre, supported by Indian Council of Social Science Research-Eastern Regional Centre (ICSSR-ERC), during 29th – 31st March, 2017, at RabindraBharati University. Kolkata. Presented a paper on “The Caste System and its Impact on Human Rights and Poverty in India: Some Explorations and Conjectures”.
7. One Day National Seminar on ‘India as an Emerging Power: Myths and Reality ”, organized by Department of Political Science, Kanchrapara College, in collaboration with Centre for Sub Continental Studies, Kolkata and sponsored by MaulanaAbulKalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies(MAKAIAS) held on 11th November, 2017. Presented a paper on “ India as an Emerging World Power”.
8. National Level Seminar on “Inclusive Democracy and Marginal Voices”, jointly organized by the Department of Political Science and Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Studies Centre, RabindraBharati University on January 12, 2018. Presented a paper on ,” Inclusive Democracy in India: A Contradiction in Terms”.
9. One Day State Level Seminar on ‘India and its Neighbours : Policy, Politics and Diplomacy”, organized by Department of Political Science, Kanchrapara College, in collaboration with Bengal Institute of Political Studies (BIPS), Kolkata, held on 28th February, 2018. Presented a paper on “ India’s Foreign Policy Towards her Neighbours”.
Peer Reviewed Journals:
1. “Revival of the concept of civil society”, Socialist Perspective, Volume 42, No.1-2 June-September, 2014, ISSN NO. 0970-8863.
2. “Swami Vivekananda’s Vision of Nation, Nationalism and National Regeneration”, RabindraBharatiPatrika, RabindraSmaran Number, Volume 18,’ August, 08, 2015.ISSN NO. 0975-0037.
3. “Transformation of Opposition Politics in West Bengal: The Post-1998 Electoral Scenario”, Inquest, A Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Vol.1, No. 2, December, 2015. pp. 195-209. ISSN No. 2349-5472.
4. “Trendsetter Mamata Banerjee: Sounding Death-knell of the Communists in the 2011 West Bengal Assembly Elections”, RabindraBharatiPatrika, RabindraSmaran Number, Volume 20, August 07, 2016. pp. 132-148. ISSN NO. 0975-0037.
UGC Approved Peer-Reviewed E-Journals:
1. “Ecological Movements as an Aspect of New Social Movements in India: A Case Study of the Narmada BachaoAndolan (NBA), in International Journal of Law, Education, Social and Sports Studies (IJLESS) (KY Publications), in Vol.4, No. 2(April-June), 2017.
2. “Swami Vivekananda: the Grand Visionary and Educator”, in International Research Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies (IRJIMS) in Vol.3. No. 5 (July 31, 2017).
3. “The Caste System and its Impact on Human Rights and Poverty in India: Some Explorations and Conjectures” in International Journal of Law, Education, Social and Sports Studies (IJLESS) Volume: 4, Issue 4, 2017 (Oct-Dec.); Page 69-75, ISSN: 2455-0418.
4. “Tagore’s Critique of Nation, Nationalism and Modernity” in International Journal of Information Research and Review (IJIRR), Vol. 04, Issue 12, December, 2017.
Menace of Political Intolerance in India: An Anathema for Democracy”, Athena, Annual Journal of Social Science, Literature and Allied Areas, ChapraBangaljhiMahavidyalaya, Volume II, July, 2016. ISSN NO: 2454-1605.
Basu P. (2019) State Sovereignty and Stability: Conflicting and Converging Principles. In: Romaniuk S., Thapa M., Marton P. (eds) The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Global Security Studies. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
Chapters on Edited Book:
The Caste System and Its impact on India Today: Some Explorations and Conjectures” in GargiSengupta (ed.), Caste Politics in India: Legacy and Contemporary Issues, Kolkata: Progressive Publishers, 2016. pp 9-18. ISBN No. 978-81-8064-262-3.
“Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision on Social Justice and Equality”, in Nibedita Raha, Priyadarshini Sircar, Jayita Mukhopadhyay Piyali Basu(ed.), Ambedkar’s Idea on Social Justice and Indian Polity, Levant Books, Kolkata,2018, pp. 150-163.ISBN: 978-93-84106-98-0
“Globalisation and Environment in India: Challenges to Sustainable Development”, in Tanaya Majumdar and Anwesha Chattopadhyay (ed.), Globalisation and India’s Transformation, Crescent Publishing Corporation, 2019, pp. 62-80. ISBN: 978-93-8753-25-5
“India’s path towards Digitalisation: Move towards fostering Indian Democracy” in Anwesha Chattopadhyay and Tanaya Majumdar (ed.), “Digitalisation: The Global Force Breaking all the trends, Crescent Publishing Corporation, 2019, pp. 159-172. ISBN: 978-93-87537-34-7
• Life member of Council for Political Studies