Name: DR. ASHIM CHAKRABORTY
Designation: Assistant Professor
Areas of Interest: Vedic Literature, Manuscriptology and Technical Literature
Teaching experience: 6.3 years
P.G Guest Faculty: Murshidabad University
E-Mail Id.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): 2022 – Department of Sanskrit, Rabindra-Bharati University, Kolkata.
M.A.: 2015 – Rabindra-Bharati University, Kolkata. Specialization on Vedic Literature.
B.A.: 2013 – Rabindra-Bharati University, Kolkata
Articles in Journals:
1.‘Pancha-kanya: Mandadari’, Two-days UGC – sponsored Golden Jubilee National Seminar on ‘Pancha-kanya Indian’s Ideal of Perfect Womanhood in Sanskrit Literature: Equally Relevance In Modern Days’, organized by Department of Sanskrit, Dhruba Chand Haldar College, Dakshin Barasat, South 24 Pgs, ISBN: 978-93-83368, 2016.
2. ‘Relevance of Sanskrit Education in Modern India: Importance of Sanskrit in Ayurveda Shastra’ , UGC – sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Relevance of Sanskrit Education in Modern India’ , organized by Department of Sanskrit, Berhampore College, Murshidabad , ISBN: 978-93 84383-82-4, 2018.
3. ‘Modern Science and Vedic Science’, ATHENA, Bi- Lingual Peer-reviewed Research Journal, Chapra Bangaljhi Mahavidyalaya , ISSN:2454-1605, 2018.
4. ‘ENVIORMENTAL THOUGHT IN THE VEDIC LITERATURE: A STUDY’, Sodh Sanchar Bulletin, UGC Approved Care listed International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. Volume 11, Issue 41, ISSN: 2229-3620, Lucknow, January to March 2021.
Selected for Publication:
1. ‘Āśvalāyanīya- Prāyaścitta : A Study’ , Rabindra Bharati Patrika , , UGC- CARE Listed Research Journal, Rabindra-Bharati University, Kolkata , ISSN:0937-0037,2021-2022.
Conference/ Seminar/ Workshop:
1. Paper Presented ‘ Women Education- Vedic Period and Modern Period’, UGCSponsored Two-Days International Seminar on ‘Education, Emotion and Contemporary Global World’, organized by Centre for Disability Studies and Rehabilitation, Jadavpur University, December 2017.
2. Paper Presented ‘Environmental Thought: Vedic and Classical Sanskrit Literature’, International Seminar on ‘Global Environmental Challenges: Environment, Society and Development in the Anthropocene’, Oganized by Department of Geography, Women’s Christian College, Kolkata, 2020.
1. Paper presented ‘Agni: Veda and Purāṇa’, UGC- Sponsored Two-Days International Seminar on “Indian intellectual Tradition: Purāṇa Literature”, organized by the Department of Sanskrit, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata on 19-20 March, 2019.
1. UGC- Sponsored Five-Days (10th -14th may, 2016) Research Workshop, organized by Rabindra-Bharati University, Kolkata, 2016.
2. 2-Weeks Faculty Development Programme conducted from 7th January to 18th January, 2019 by Enterprise Development Institute, Kolkata in collaboration with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad and sponsored by the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Orientation Programme :
1. 4 weeks Faculty Induction Programme from September 01- September 30, 2020, organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.
2. 6th Faculty Induction Programme from 15th November 2021 – 15th December 2021 , Organised by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of North Bengal.
Refresher Course :
1. Refresher Course on ‘Post-colonial thought and Indian literature’ from 7th January to 21st January 2022, Organised by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of North Bengal.