DR. ANWESHA ROY
TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTEREST
- Modern Indian History
- Post-Independence Political History of West Bengal
- Early Medieval Indian History
- Early Modern Europe
- Modern Europe
- Medieval India and Modern India (General Courses)
- “Food Movement of 1966: A Turning Point in the History of West Bengal”, Socialist Perspective, Vol. 41, No. 1-2, June-September 2013, Kolkata. ISSN: 0970-8863.
- “Food Movement in West Bengal: Why and Where”, Peephole Journal, July-August 2014, ISSN: 23485930.
- “Paschimbonger Rajnitir Pat-Paribartan O Ekti Ganaandolaner Katha” (in Bengali), Anuranan, Vol 2, October, 2014. ISSN: 2347-8055.
- “1959-er Khadya Andolon: Paschimbonger Rajnoitik Itihase Pala Badoler Suchana?” (in Bengali), Purogami, A quarterly journal published from Kolkata.
- “Food Movements in 1959 and 1966: land marks in the political history of West Bengal”, Historia, 2013.
- Presented a paper titled “1959-er Khadya Andolon: Paschimbonger Rajnoitik Itihase Palabadoler Suchana?” in Paschimbongo Itihas Samsad on 26 January, 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “Women in Conflict Situations: A Study of Triple Talaq” in a UGC-sponsored state-level seminar on Empowerment of Women: change & challenges organized by Baruipur College, South 24 Parganas on 1st September 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Sankar Guha Niyogi: Ek Analochito Buddhijibir Bharat Bhabna” in a UGC-sponsored national seminar on The Idea of India in the Mind of Bengalee Intellectuals organized by Serampore Girls’ College, Hooghly on 31st January, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled “Folk Culture of the Sundarbans: A Brief Outline” in a 2 days international seminar on Rural Development in India: Contemporary Reflection” jointly organized by the Centre for Studies in Decentralisation and Rural Reconstruction, Rabindra Bharati University and Byanjanbarna Foundation, Kolkata on 26th-27th April, 2018.