M.A., Ph.D. awarded by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, in 2007.
Topic: Role of ASEAN in Conflict Management: Achievements and Limitations
Teaching & Research Interest
- International Relations
- Political Theory and Thought
- Public Administration
- Indian Politics
- South Asian Politics
- Politics in South East Asia
- Foreign Policy
- Papers presented in Seminars/Conferences with details of name, place, date, venue, topic.
1.Presented a paper on ‘Examining the Viability of BIMSTEC in Promoting Indo-Bangladesh Cooperation: A Promising Venture’, in an International Conference on Indo-Bangladesh Relations in the 21st Century, organized by Department of Political Science, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India, in collaboration with ICWA, ICSSR and MAKAIAS during 8-10th November 2017
2.Participated and presented paper at the World Congress of Political Science 2016 organized by IPSA (International Political Science Association) held at Poznan, Poland between 23-28 July, 2016, and the title of the paper was Maoist Insurgency in India: An Offshoot of Skewed Development Process
3.Presented paper on ‘Violent Rhetoric and Indian Political Parties in 21st Century: An Anathema for Democracy’ in the International Conference on ‘Elections and political Parties in South Asia : A 21st Century Perspective’, organized jointly by Department of Political Science, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India and Research Committee 23, International Political Science Association during 7-9 December, 2015, at University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
4.Presented a paper on ‘ Dr.B. R. Ambedkar’s Propagation of the Concept of Fraternity: An Antidote to Divisiveness’ in the 57th All India Political Science Conference on Emerging India during 15-17th December, 2017 organized at Anna Centre for Public Affairs, University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in collaboration with Indian Political Science Association.
‘5.Presented paper on ‘Women vis-à-vis Maoist Insurgency: A Complex Narrative’ in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Women Empowerment: A Third World Perspective organized by Department of Geography, SivnathSastri College, Kolkata in collaboration with Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata,
6.Presented paper on ‘Hate Speech and Denigration of Political Culture: A nemesis for Indian Democracy’ in the National Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Indian Politics’ organized by Department of Political Science, University of Gaur Banga at Malda, West Bengal on 22nd January, 2016.
7. Presented paper on ‘Water Scarcity, Political Belligerence and Resultant Instability in South Asia’ at UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on ‘Water: A Threatened Social Resource of the Century’ organized by Department of Geography, Women’s Christian College, Kolkata, In Collaboration with Institute of Environmental Studies and Wetland Management, Department of Environment, Government of West Bengal, on 9th October, 2015, held at the premises of Women’s Christian College.
8.‘China-ASEAN Relations: A Journey From Animosity to Amity in the book ‘China and the Contemporary World’ edited by Tridib Chakrabarty, Sumita Sen, Herkan Neadan Toppo and Bijay Kumar Das, Kolkata: Readers Service, 2014. PP.211-224. ISBN 978-93-82623-13-7
8.Presented paper on ‘India’s Water Sharing Disputes with her South Asian Neighbours: A Challenge to Regional Peace and Development’ at 56th All India Political Science Conference of the Indian Political Science Association organized by the Department of Political Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi on 25-28th October, 2015.
9.Presented paper on ‘Water Tax in West Bengal: Its Impact on Water Conservation’ at a national seminar organized by Department of Geography, VisvaBharati, West Bengal, from 1 March to 2 March, 2014.
- Other Expertise
- Acted as a resource person and judged students’ presentations in UGC-CPE sponsored National Conference on ‘Secularism-Current Trends’, organized by Bijoy Krishna Girls College, Howrah, on 16th -17th March, 2018.
- Acted as a resource person and spoke on ‘Early Nationalist Phase of M.N. Roy: Birth of a Maverick’ in a UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on M.N. Roy: Ideas, Practices and Possibilities organized by Vidyanagar College, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal on 24th and 25th September, 2016.
- Acted as a resource person and spoke on ‘Seminal Contribution of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in our Nationalist Discourse’ in the National Seminar on Political Thinking in Indian Literature, organized jointly by Department of Political science, CCS University, Meerut, Indian Political Science Association and BharatiyaVidyaBhavan, on 13-14th February, 2016 at CCS University, Meerut.
- Details of Publications ( Books, Articles in Edited Volume, Journals, with ISBN/ISSN number, impact factor etc. Mention publications without ISBN/ISSN as well.
- Referred journals
- ‘India’s Bid for Growing Presence in the Asia Pacific Region: Exploring the Underlining Narrative of Geo-Strategic Interests’, in RabindrabharatiPatrika, Volume 19, Book Fair Number, 25th January 2017,pp 63-71, ISSN 0975-0037.
- ‘Identity of Single Woman in India: A Narrative of Exclusion and Striving for Empowerment’, in International Research Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5(10), 1-5, October (2016), E-ISSN 2319–3565.
- Terrorism, State Response and the Human Security Conundrum in India’, in Socialist Perspective, vol 42, No 3-4, December 2014-March 2015, pp 125- 133, ISSN 0970-8863.
- Non-refereed but reputable journals with ISSN
- Violent Rhetoric Purveyed by Indian Political Parties: An Anathema for Democracy’ in peer reviewed journal, Inquest: A Journal of Social Science and Humanities, vol 1, Issue 2, December 2015, pp 210-222. ISSN 2349-5472.
- Interrogating the Free Speech Debate in India’, Mulyayan, Bilingual journal, Vol 4, Issue 3, 15 May, 2016, ISSN 2347-6168.
- India’s Water Sharing Disputes with her South Asian Neighbours: A Challenge to Regional Peace and Development’ in The Indian Journal of Political Science, Volume LXXVI, No. 3, July- September, 2015, pp 661-664. ISSN 0019-5510.
- Contextualising Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Nationalist Discourse in Contemporary India’, in The West Bengal Political Science Review’, Vol XX, No. 1, 2018, pp 063-082. ISSN 2230-8296.
- Chapters in knowledge based volumes by national level publishers with ISBN:
- Chapter ‘Dr.B. R. Ambedkar’s Pursuit of Fraternity: An Unfulfilled Mission’, in Ambedkar’s Idea of Social Justice and Indian Polity’ Edited by NibeditaRaha, PriyadarshiniSircar, JayitaMukhopadhyay and PiyaliBasu, Kolkata: Levant Books, 2018. ISBN 978-93-84106-98-0, pp. 29-40.
- Chapter ‘Early Nationalist Phase of MN Roy: An Enquiry into the birth of a Maverick’, in ‘M.N. Roy- Ideas, Practices and Possibilities in Indian Politics’, Edited by ParthapratimSen and Arunima Ray( Chowdhury), Kolkata: RohiniNandan, 2017. ISBN 978-81-933615-3-5, pp 36-43.
- Chapter ‘India’s Water Sharing Disputes with its Neighbours: A Challenge to its Regional Ascendency’, in the book ‘India Becoming a Global Power in the Twenty-first Century’, Edited by Rajkumar Kothari and Eyasin Khan, New Delhi: Atlantic, 2016, pp 192-202. ISBN 978-81-269-2190.
- Chapter ‘BidesnitiSamparkitaKaektiDharana’ in the book ‘AntarjatikSamparka: Tatwa O Bishay’, Edited by ParthapratimSen and ArunimaRay(Chowdhury). Kolkata: Levant Books, 2015, pp.56-66. ISBN 978-93-84106-35-5.
- Chapter ‘South East Asia as the Second Front of Terrorism : Predicaments and Prospects’ in the book ‘The Terrorists’ World: Ideas and Interpretations’ Edited by ParthapratimSen and Arunima Ray(Chowdhury). Kolkata: Levant Books, 2014. PP 82-99. ISBN 978-93-80663-92-0.
- Chapter ‘China-ASEAN Relations: A Journey From Animosity to Amity in the book ‘China and the Contemporary World’ edited by TridibChakrabarty, SumitaSen, HerkanNeadanToppo and Bijay Kumar Das, Kolkata: Readers Service, 2014. PP.211-224. ISBN 978-93-82623-13-7.
- Membership of Editorial Boards of Journals/Professional Bodies
- Editorial Board Member, Sophos WCC Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies.
- Zonal Secretary, Eastern Region, Indian Political Science Association (Also Life member).
- Executive Committee Member, West Bengal Political Science Association (Also Life member).
- Executive Member, Bengal Institute of Political Studies.
- Life Member, Council for Political Studies
- Life Member, Council for Political Studies